We encourage you to share your thoughts! The views expressed in comments reflect those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official views of Coast Survey or the federal government.
Not surprisingly, we have some guidelines. Comments that do not meet our guidelines will not be approved for publishing, but they will be retained in WordPress (our blogging platform).
- We expect comments to be courteous and topical. We won’t allow obscene, defamatory, profane or otherwise offensive or inappropriate language (this blog is rated G). Same goes for comments that suggest or encourage illegal, dangerous, or destructive activity.
- Don’t even think about personal attacks or threats of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups.
- Comments that make unsupported accusations are not allowed.
- Sorry, no product endorsements and CERTAINLY no spam.
- Avoid duplicating posts.
- Don’t use long embedded URL strings, since these disrupt the blog formatting and may cause security issues.
- We are unable to post comments from children under the age of 13 due to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you are 12 years old or younger, you may e-mail us instead.
We recognize that blog visitors will read and offer comments at all hours of the day (and night). Please be patient with us, however, as we will generally only moderate comments during normal business hours.
Finally, if you need to inquire about specific charts, or would like to report a charting discrepancy, don’t post it as a comment. Please use Coast Survey’s formal inquiry system.